Oct 15, 2012

Stitching history

I joined to Stitched With Love Christmas Exchange recently. 2 years ago I participated at Nina's and it was a great fun. At that time I was stressed if I meet the requirements or not. This year I give it another try and do my best to blend in the beautiful works saw this far in the archive of the blog.
It is a secret partner exchange, and the partners will be announced this week. I am very excited and really looking forward to it.
All participant receive a bit of information about their partners at the announcement, because after sign in you must fill out a questionnaire. One of the questions was about stitching history. This gave a great opportunity to define myself as a stitcher.
My granny taught me how to sew embroidery when I was maybe 5. I liked it very much to sit with her under the big apricot tree and eat icecream or stitch something during summer vacation. When I was around 12, my mother showed my how to do needlepoint and I was stitching several medium size pictures on prepainted canvas. It was always a misterious thing, because you must be very careful to identify the colors to achieve a nice finish. When I turned 14, I wanted to sew my clothes myself and spent the summer vacation on it. I was walking around in those shorts a lot, but took a lot of time to sew by hand, so I gave it up. And 5 years ago I met on my workplace a charming lady who infected me with cross stitching. And here I am eager to see the latest patterns, always watching other stitcher's blog and bombing my friends and family with cross stitched gifts.
  
Lainey szervezte cseréhez csatlakoztam. 2 éve már jártam ezen az úton, azt Nina szervezte. Sokat stresszeltem azon, hogy elég jó leszek-e majd a csapatba és hogyan fog sikerülni az egész. Így utólag azt mondom, jól sikerült.
Ez a mostani is karácsonyi témájú. A jelentkezéssel egyidőben kitöltöttünk egy kérdőívet, ahol az egyik kérdés a kézimunkázó múltamra vonatkozott. Gondolkodóba estem.
Az anyai nagymamám tanított hímezni. Nyáron csak ültünk a nagy barackfa alatt és hímeztünk vagy jégkrémet ettünk. Aztán kb 12 évesen anyukám mutatta meg a goblenezést és néhány közepes méretű képet ki is varrtam előfestett vászonra. Mindig volt benne valami misztikus, mert nagyon kell ügyelni a színekre, hogy a végén tényleg olyan szép legyen a kép, mint egy festett. 14 évesen elhatároztam, hogy magam varrta ruhákban fogok járni. Egy bermuda egészen jól sikerült, azt évekig hordtam, de túl sok időbe telt kézzel megvarrni, úgyhogy feladtam ezt a tervet. Végül úgy 5 évvel ezelőtt az egyik munkatársnőm megfertőzött a keresztszemezéssel. Szenvedélyes gyűjtő és varró vagyok, ha van 5 percem, akkor bökök valamit. Sajnos ez a kivarrt dolgok számán nem látszik.
Sok blogot figyelemmel követek, de leginkább csak irigykedem mások költeményeire. Én még a minta alapján varrók szintjén vagyok.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other stories:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...