Surfing Pinterest for weeks to find the perfect bag, I decided it has to be a messenger. Wanted to carry within my netbook, so final dimensions are 11 x 9.5 x 3 inches. Handle length is 42 inches.
The following tutorials were used:
- messenger bag pattern by Amber, I changed the dimensions but the construction is the same,
- recessed zipper closure by April,
- pocket zipper tutorial by Michelle.
Notes to further improvement:
- I thought that upholstery fabric would be sturdy enough to skip batting. Seen the end result, I was obviously wrong. The shape of the bag is built with the proper interfacing, which is missing in this bag.
- There is no pocket on the top flap. Could have been useful to add, but then again it would change the shape of it. So, this point is a big question mark.
- As per Amber's tutorial, the handle is the same width as the bag depth. I changed the dimensions of her design so my handle got too wide, it is wrinkling all the time.
Enough negativity, I let the pictures talk.
I used some upholstery fabric as main fabric and some remnant jersey (the black polka dots) as accent inside. Lining was a grey jersey skirt of my mother and parts of an ikea duvet.