Jul 21, 2014

Cargo Duffle Bag

It was a really long time since I wrote anything in here. Cannot decide was the last year too busy or too casual.
We were preparing for kindergarden and somehow there was no time to blog. I stitched here and there but noting really special. And then I had to sew special bedding suitable for the little beds in the kindergarden and than it hit me. I sewed it by hand and swore I will learn how to use a sewing machine.
Bought an old but good Brother model second hand. And started to pin tutorials and tips.

I wanted to go big or go home and spotted this beauty of a bag. Yesterday was it's debut, since we managed to spend the weekend at our personal spa, ahem ... at my mother's house.

Studied several bags made by much more experienced bagmakers to narrow down the pattern mix I liked. Also went through that part of my closet that contains the cannot-wear-them-but-I-cannot-part-with-them stuff.


The pattern designer is Anna aka Noodlehead - who has much more pattern I will try. The pattern itself is a free pattern and can be found here. Contains a detailed instruction as well. I also used the SAL entries of Sophie to make the job easier.



  
I used an old Kookai skirt as the main fabric. Luckily found some coordinating brown upholstery fabric and an old torn jeans. 
At the time of the cutting I was not aware of the variety of interfacing that can be used - so I used medium weight fusible interfacing (that I had on hand) for both exterior and interior fabric. The lining is some not stretching jersey (?) I picked up from my mother's stash. 

I have to say, this bag consists of either reused or vintage fabric.

1 comment:

Other stories:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...