Jan 23, 2013

Cottage Cheese Cake

Latelly I mentioned to one of my old seen friends that I write a blog and she asked if it is about baking. OK, as for stitching, I am a follower on baking as well. I looooooove cakes, cookies, biscuits, etc. And everyone who knows me knows that.
The other reason I write here down this recipe is that I like it very much but always have to spend a half an hour to find it among my notes.
Well, this is it:

(COTTAGE) CHEESE CAKE

In Hungary cottage cheese is very popular, and some uses even instead of mascarpone for cheesecake. So you have to know, this will not look like the cheesecake we all know and love!

For the pastry you need 100 g butter, 50 g sugar, 10 g vanille fragranced sugar, 1 egg and a hint of salt. After quickly putting it together, keep it for 30 mins in the fridge.
For the filling you will put 100 g butter, 100 g sugar, 10 g vanille fragrenced sugar into the food processor and make it a soft cream. Than you add 3 egg yolk one by one, and make it a nice yellow cream. Than you add 1 bag of vanille pudding powder and 750 g cottage cheese. I did stir mine on this point by hand, because I wanted to leave some of the cottage cheese pieces visible for a more rustic effect. Finally you add the 3 whipped egg-whites.
Roll out the pastry into a 24 cm diameter form to have crusts on the sides as well, and pour the filling in. Bake it on preheated 175 °C oven for an hour.
Enjoy!

Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other stories:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...